John E. DeVito, Esq., of DeVito and Visconti, P.A.

Call Today, We Can Help.

PHONE: 508-517-1800

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Sealing a Criminal Record Archives

Criminal Record

As an experienced criminal defense attorney, I am often asked, "if my case was dismissed does it appear on my criminal record"? The answer is yes, it appears on your criminal record. Criminal records in Massachusetts are kept by the Commissioner of Probation under the designated name CORI, which stands for criminal offender record information. Any time an individual is arraigned before the court and entry is made on the CORI identifying the crime, the offender and all of his or her personal data. If the case is dismissed that disposition (dismissed) is entered on the CORI.